3.16.2011

The Four Seasons

japanesemaple

japanese2


Linda and I were at a neighborhood yard sale a couple years ago, and though there was nothing at this lady's driveway setup, it did make for a neat photo, especially with the amazing Japanese maple. So I asked, "Do you mind if I take a picture? Your Japanese maple is really beautiful."  The woman was so excited to hear this she said "Oh please do! But wait- let me show you something and also wait til I shut the garage door before you take the picture." Then she proudly came out to show us these portraits of her tree in each of the four seasons, taken from the same spot in her driveway. I thought this was so great. Sometimes the best things at yard sales are things you can't buy. No, I'm kidding. but I love that she loved her tree so much.


Pin It

No comments: